How to Fix “Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site- Operation Aborted” Error

Of late few of my blog readers using Internet explorer pointed out to me that there was some error happening while loading my blog in IE. Around 25% of my readers use Internet Explorer to read my blog. I check my blog frequently in IE and many times I too encountered this error, but initially I thought it was some error in my browser. The error is really frustrating as it shows only in IE and not in Firefox or Opera or any other browser for that matter.

The nature of error is that it shows up when the site is loads completely. This is what you see when the error occurs.

Internet Explorer Error

Once you click OK, the page is replaced with “The Page cannot be Displayed” error. How to fix this error?

A bit of Googling gave me some idea into this error. This error can happen because of many reasons. Microsoft has even a patch for solving this error in IE.

1. This error can happen if Google Map API is present in the code. If you are getting this error because of Google Map API, then the fix for the problem is available here.

2. If you are not using Google API and still getting the error, then it could be because of this reason.

It is not possible append to the BODY element from script that isn’t a direct child to the BODY element

If there are any Javascripts running inside the body tag or inside a table which is directly a child of body, then most of the times this error is bound to happen. The solution is to move the script to the top or bottom of the body tag or even moving it after the body. The script can also be put inside a function and then calling it from window.onload. Another solution to this problem is to add defer=”defer” in the script tag.

I checked my code for scripts which were running inside the body tag and was a direct child to it. Then I moved all my Javascript codes to bottom of the body tag so that it will not interfere while parsing the page. I tested my blog in IE after I made the change and I could see the difference, the error was not happening any more. I checked in different versions of IE to confirm. In case you are using IE and still getting the error on my blog, please do inform me.